The social network
for your suburb
Andreas Boehlen Quartet
Born in Würzburg in 1983, Andreas Böhlen moved to Northern Germany in 1988. He began playing recorder at the age of six, and started alto saxophone soon after. Since beginning music he was involved in many different ensembles and bands throughout North and South Germany. While at high school he received lessons in both instruments at the conservatories of Bremen and Cologne, and was awarded many prizes at German competitions including “Jugend musiziert” and “Jugend Jazzt”. From 2003-2007 he completed a Bachelor degree in music at the Conservatory of Amsterdam, studying recorder with Walter van Hauwe and Paul Leenhouts. During this period he also majored in jazz saxophone.
In Amsterdam Andreas founded several of his own chamber music groups for early music, contemporary music and jazz, namely Theatrum Affectuum (violin, recorder, cello and harpsichord), Duo Obelix (recorder and percussion) and Alkitran (bass clarinet, recorder, double bass and percussion), and he is a member of The Royal Wind Music.
The Andreas Böhlen Band, a quartet of saxophone, guitar, bass and drums is a young, highly energetic and innovative modern-jazz band based in Germany and Switzerland. The musicians, who have a deep affinity with both traditional and modern jazz languages, have worked together for no less than 15 years.
General information regarding JAZZ basement gigs
• gig start time 8pm
• bar open from 7.30pm - Venue open at 6pm
• entry $20 and $15 pensioners and students - UNO
• phone or text Graeme on 0438 623 462 for performance seating reservations - or email email@example.com Unpaid reserved seats valid to 8pm, If phone is engaged, please try again later - returned calls not guaranteed.
• dedicated jazz venue
• smoke free jazz venue - supported by Quit Victoria
• venue located at shop 5, 48 - 52 Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga - Gateway Island, next to Butter factory Theatre
Ratings & Reviews
Details may change at any time. Please verify with the event coordinator or venue before making plans or arrangements. If you see a mistake, report any inaccurate information here