The social network
for your suburb
Serious Backyard Vegies: Feb 2013: Sydney
Do you want to grow seriously great vegetables in your backyard this Autumn? Are you finding that it's a little harder than you thought to get your beloved seeds from their packets all the way to a super, plentiful harvest?
Join Michael Hewins, Milkwood Farm's market gardener, for 2 days of hands-on knowledge, tips and tricks on how to grow truly awesome backyard vegies using organic permaculture techniques.
This course will cover:
• Vegetable garden design, placement and retrofitting
• Creating great garden soil using DIY, organic techniques
• Raising great seedlings
• Planting techniques for different plant families
• What different vegetable varieties require to grow really well
• Backyard nutrient cycling strategies to ensure enough plant food
• Integrated Pest Management
The majority of this course's content applies to year-round growing for the greater Sydney region, with additional notes and tricks for planting and growing great vegies in Summer.
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Ratings & Reviews
Details may change at any time. Please verify with the event coordinator or venue before making plans or arrangements. If you see a mistake, report any inaccurate information here