The social network
Gippsland Area Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Discover Your Local Gippsland Area
Gippsland stretches from the east side of Melbourne to the New South Wales border. Covering over 30,000 square kilometres, this region is filled with unspoilt beaches, abundant wildlife, picturesque rivers and rugged forest terrain. Explore the outstanding wineries and be amazed by the vibrant arts, events, culture and heritage of Gippsland.
Breeze your way along Victoria's Great Alpine Road to Bairnsdale. Delve into the view of lofty mountains, plunging valleys and rolling vineyards. Make mouth-watering memories as you enjoy gourmet food, fine wines and fresh local produce in places like Wilsons Promontory and Koonwarra. Discover Den of Nargun to learn about Dreamtime, Indigenous lifestyles and the cultural heritage of the Gunai people.
Visitors to this region can guide themselves through galleries overflowing with rich art and culture. Check out local talent and you might also catch an assortment of travelling exhibitions on display. Enjoy a wide variety of live theatre and musicals at performing arts centres sprawled throughout the region.
Long pristine coast lines and deep valleys are waiting so come and see what's on in Gippsland!
Gippsland Events & What's On
- Damien Leith – Tribute to Roy Orbison at LPAC Latrobe Performing Arts Centre
- Fun Mosaics Workshops Bunnings Warehouse - Warragul
- Install a Water Tank - How To Bunnings Warehouse - Bairnsdale
- Energy Saving Around the Home - How To Bunnings Warehouse - Bairnsdale
- Hang a Door - How To Bunnings Warehouse - Bairnsdale
- Light the Night Sale Take #3 - Twilight Market and Community Walk Sale Botanic Garden
Gippsland Top Picks & Articles
The Unforgettable Great Southern Rail
Looking for a way to travel and explore our great and vast sunburnt country in style, comfort, and ease? The Great Southern Rail provides three railway services tailored to unconventional traveller...