The social network
Gungahlin Region Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Discover Your Local Gungahlin Area
Forget empty rugged hills shielded by green goldfields. Canberra's northernmost town centre, Gungahlin ('little rocky hill') is quite a contrast to colonial times with modern developments of schools, shopping centres, community attractions, sporting facilities and licensed pubs. Fear not, Gungahlin still boasts recreational opportunities and activities throughout its wide open parklands and its artificially constructed lakes and ponds.
Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club challenges golfers of all abilities with its many lakes, ponds and water barriers on most holes. Corporate gold amenities, bar, lounge, events, TAB facilities and exclusive dinners at Lakes Restaurant are beyond expectations. Choose from a large selection of pizzas, hot snacks, toasted sandwiches and freshly baked cakes or muffins munched overlooking the lush and manicured golf courses at Aroma Cafe. Unwind on the banks of Yerrabi Ponds as the kids are occupied by the adventure playground with a Giant Tarzan Swing, Tandem Flying Fox and a major skateboard arena. Guide yourself around the local lake and find yourself in a heavenly realm with traditional Sri Lankan dishes side by side with modern Australian cuisines and a divine sauvignon blanc at Banana Leaf Restaurant.
Live, work or play at this fast growing city centre, distinct from other parts of Canberra. Whatever you do - savour the cultural fusion of the Gungahlin region as you check out what's on.
Gungahlin Events & What's On
- How To Clean & Maintain Power Tools @ Bunnings Gungahlin Bunnings Warehouse - Gungahlin
- How To Build, repair or replace fly screens @ Bunnings Gungahlin Bunnings Warehouse - Gungahlin
- The Write Stuff: Preparing for NaNoWriMo with Rosanna Stevens (Ages 16+) (Gungahlin Library) Gungahlin Library
- Free Heartfulness Relaxation and Meditation Sessions in Canberra Meeting Room M2, Gungahlin Library
- Halloween Party! With Skye from Paw Patrol @ Bunnings Gungahlin Bunnings Warehouse - Gungahlin
- Brick Club (Ages 5-8) (Gungahlin library) Gungahlin Library
Try expanding your search to include:Canberra Area Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Gungahlin Top Picks & Articles
The Unforgettable Great Southern Rail
Looking for a way to travel and explore our great and vast sunburnt country in style, comfort, and ease? The Great Southern Rail provides three railway services tailored to unconventional traveller...