The social network
Belconnen Region Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Discover Your Local Belconnen Area
Located North West of Canberra's city centre and home to the University of Canberra, Belconnen surrounds an artificially-created lake, Lake Ginninderra. Although the lake's water is composed of stormwater run-off from urban and rural areas, you can spot a number of local wildlife including black swans, moorhens and ducks. If you're looking for things to do, bring your swimmers, take a dip, and enjoy a fun family BBQ downstream of Ginninderra Drive within the lush and soothing surrounds of Lake Ginninderra - a stunning attraction all on its own.
One of the best places to go for young people who cross the field from the University is The Lighthouse Pub, found on the foreshore of Lake Ginninderra. Grab a $5 Corona, a few mates, and don't leave without trying their scrumptious caramelised king prawn skewers served with fresh mango salsa. Revel in a sheltered picnic on a warm spring afternoon, or take a tranquil lakeside walk as the night falls and the town centre buzzes with effervescent lights that are reflected throughout Lake Ginninderra.
This relaxing and welcoming region has something for everyone, where the activities are totally up to you. Panoramic lakeside views, smooth coffee blends, community and serenity; Belconnen has you covered.
Belconnen Events & What's On
- Time Traveller’s Book Club: The Isles National Museum of Australia
- Improving health and justice through partnership Australian National University (ANU)
- Governing the poor in New Zealand Acton Theatre
- Giving peace a chance? 2017 Global Peace Index Launch Australian National University (ANU)
- Eat, Drink and be Literary with Julia Baird & Alex Sloan @ ANU Australian National University (ANU)
- Managing the risks to Asian and global growth Australian National University (ANU)
Try expanding your search to include:Canberra Area Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Belconnen Top Picks & Articles
The Unforgettable Great Southern Rail
Looking for a way to travel and explore our great and vast sunburnt country in style, comfort, and ease? The Great Southern Rail provides three railway services tailored to unconventional traveller...