The social network
for Inner North Brisbane
Inner North Brisbane Region Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Discover Your Local Inner North Brisbane Area
Just a short trip outside of the CBD, the Inner North Brisbane Area is a family oriented place full of attractive parks, national reserves and a rich historical story to tell.
More than your basic suburban clutter, when you visit the Inner North you’ll find getting around is best done via the Brisbane Bikeways that link most of the suburbs in the area, and allow you to take in the beautiful surrounds while doing so.
During your travels you are certain to come across one or more of the many recreational parks and natural reserves that help define the area. Some, like Kalinga Park or Hamilton Recreation Reserve contain playgrounds for the kids as well as barbeques and a range of other facilities, and are great places to bring the entire family.
Without a doubt one of the best ways to take in all the rich flora and fauna the area has to offer is via a bushwalk through the Banks Street Reserve. Go birdwatching, photograph the native flowers or bring some friends and kick a ball around in the large open area available.
As mentioned before, the area is not without its history and the best way to experience this is via the Ascot and Hamilton Heritage Trail. While exploring the trail you’ll witness heritage listed buildings such as the Eagle Farm Racecourse, which was once known as US Camp Ascot during the Pacific War and is now the biggest horse racing facility in Queensland.
Inner North Brisbane Events & What's On
- Children’s Book Week: All Aboard! Stories on the Move Ashgrove Library
- Live Performance for Children's Book Week: Cheeky Monkey Club at Ashgrove Library Ashgrove Library
- Professional Women's Networking Breakfast The Arts Centre, St Margaret's Anglican Girls School
- Children’s Book Week: Escape with your Grandparents to Picnic in the Park Ashgrove Library
- Children’s Book Week: Picture this! Ashgrove Library
- Growing Great Learners: Early Learning Information Evening The Arts Centre, St Margaret's Anglican Girls School
Try expanding your search to include:Brisbane Area Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Inner North Brisbane Top Picks & Articles
Brisbane's Best Degustations Menus
For some, food is simply fuel, but for others, food is a true art form, made to be appreciated as deeply as possible. Degustation allows for appreciative tastings of various foods with small ...