West Adelaide Region Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Discover Your Local West Adelaide Area
Situated along the coastline of Gulf St Vincent, West Adelaide's beach districts stretch out over an area that's almost thirty kilometres long. There are so many things to do like visiting some of the amazing beaches along the coast with stunning scenery and reefs providing a varied playground for surfing, diving or simply relaxing. So, take advantage of the picturesque scenery. For a prolific day, guide yourself through the art and culture West Adelaide offers in their many galleries and attractions.
Henley Beach is one of the top places to go on hot summer days with its lively centre of beachside activities revolving around the grassy foreshore, white sand, gentle surf, popular dining square and regular live entertainment.
Having given upcoming artists an opportunity to showcase their work, the New Land Gallery is for those interested in admiring local artworks. A wide variety of arts from experimental to contemporary as well as Aboriginal forms are showcased on a rotational basis so you don't miss a thing!
Old Adelaide Gaol closed its doors to prisoners in 1988 and now welcomes inquisitive visitors. You can expect to see a grim hanging tower, an unwelcoming grave area, cell blocks and displays of artifacts. For a unique glimpse of nearly 150 years of South Australian prison life, this place is surely worth the visit.
Close to the serenity of the seashore, and only minutes from the sophisticated City of Adelaide, Western Adelaide gives you the best of both worlds.
West Adelaide Events & What's On
- Kids D.I.Y. Workshop - Glam n Glitter! @ Bunnings Mile End Bunnings Warehouse - Mile End
- Disney on Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic @ Adelaide Entertainment Centre Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- EVOLUTION 2018 @ The Gov The Gov (The Governor Hindmarsh)
- Tech Time - Music For Your Ears @ Henley Beach Library Henley Beach Library
- Picture Hooks @ Bunnings Woodville Bunnings Warehouse - Woodville
- Enjoy a Delicious Lunch and Help to #forkcancer The Basil Hetzel Institute for Translational Health Research
Try expanding your search to include:Adelaide Area Highlights & Essential Things To Do
West Adelaide Top Picks & Articles
Best Coffee in Adelaide
Whether you like it instant, cold drip, espresso, with milk, with froth or without; coffee is an essential. What could be better than a milky swirl atop a caramel, thick crema? We all know nothing ...