Adelaide Area Highlights & Essential Things To Do
Discover Your Local Adelaide Area
One of the world's most liveable cities, Adelaide boasts an extraordinary variety of cultural and cosmopolitan delights. From the city to the beach, experience the coastal city's wide array of festivals, its food, wine and renowned beach fronts.
Marvel at the fantastic architecture, as you take a tour of Light's Vision where Colonel William Light planned the city. Pass along the North Terrace Cultural Precinct and Boulevard including the South Australian Museum, Art Gallery, State Library, Parliament House, Government House and Universities. Don't forget St Peter's Cathedral - a renowned landmark as well as Victoria Square in the heart of the city - always abuzz with activity.
Combine chocolate into the local sights and smells by visiting the Haigh's Chocolates Factory tour and tasting their delicious offerings. Other aspects of Adelaide are delicious as well, including their art community. Feast your senses at events like Adelaide Festival of the Arts and Fringe Festival to enjoy both sights and sounds from new and internationally acclaimed artists. Sports fanatics can cheer at the AAMI Stadium for some good old-fashioned competition.
Visit the quaint seaside town of Glenelg in the south and travel along the Glenelg Esplanade to view the luxurious beach front apartments. Next take a break in the surrounding park lands, or stop at River Torrens and pass by Adelaide Oval, one of the most picturesque cricket grounds you'll ever see.
Adelaide possesses plenty to do in the suburbs and cultural boulevards. Home to majority of South Australia's residents, there's friendly faces and new mates around every corner.
Adelaide Events & What's On
- Easter at the Gallery with Bishop Ian George and the Corinthian Singers Art Gallery of South Australia
- Glitterball 2014 | Adelaide - Easter Long Weekend Apple Bar
- Curious Collections at Old Highercombe Hotel Museum Old Highercombe Hotel Museum
- Andrea Bocelli - 2014 Australia Tour in Adelaide Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Easter At The Gallery 2014 - Art Gallery of South Australia Art Gallery of South Australia
- Would You Believe It? at Marion Cultural Centre Marion Cultural Centre
Businesses in Adelaide
Adelaide Top Picks & Articles
Top 10 May Things To Do in Adelaide
1. Thread Songs at Adventures Gallery 2 May 2014
Experience the craftsmanship in textiles from around the world at the Threat Songs handmade and tribal textile exhibition. The collection features...2014-04-16T06:46:44Z